Jedlnia-Letnisko is a small, charming town in Poland, located in the Mazowieckie Province, in the Radom County. Jedlnia-Letnisko is located just 8 km from Radom, on the edge of the Kozienice Forest.
1.5 hours from Warsaw
Restaurant offering dishes, pizza, desserts and drinks
Rest in the bosom of nature - the Siczka reservoir, Kozienicka Forest
Walking and cycling paths, children's playground
Grocery store, pharmacy, hairdresser, beauty salon
SICZKI THE HIP
In the very center of the town of Jedlnia-Letnisko, just 300 m from the Pod Różami Hotel, there is the Siczka Lagoon. There is a bicycle and walking path along the reservoir.
In 1970, construction began on the Siczka reservoir, which was built on the Gzówka River. To create the reservoir, it was necessary to mine 225 thousand. m3 of peat. Initially, the area of the reservoir was 32 ha. The construction of the reservoir was complicated, because a lot of unexploded bombs from World War II were found in this area. Over the years, more and more tourists came to Jedlnia - Letnisko who spent their free time here. The reservoir has also become a favorite fishing spot. To date, fish such as carp, silver bream, bream, perch, roach, zander, pike occur in the waters of the lagoon. On one side of the lagoon there is a promenade, which was established in 2012 and is intended for both walkers, as well as for cyclists and rollerblading enthusiasts. On the other side of the lagoon there is the "Jedlnia" reserve (source: tourism.jedlnia.pl)
The Royal Source nature reserve , a partial nature reserve located in the Kozienice Primeval Forest. It was created in 2000. It includes a set of sources at the Zagożdżonka river. The "Royal Sources" path is part of the forest education program of the Kozienice Forest District. Its location near the "Royal Source" reserve allows you to learn about the majority of issues related to forest management and nature characteristics of the Forest District. Wandering along the path, we will experience many aesthetic impressions, learn about exceptionally beautiful corners of nature, meet beavers and traces of their existence, drink water from the "Royal Spring", learn how the forest grows and how to protect it from harmful environmental factors.
Church St. Józefa, the Bridegroom of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Jedlnia-Letnisko - a Catholic church in Jedlnia-Letnisko near Radom , at ul. Wojciechowskiego 12, built in the Zakopane style. The church and the bell tower are listed in the monuments register.
Due to the development of Jedlnia-Letnisko and the lack of a church in close proximity, the thought of building a chapel arose. The initiators and founders of the temple were: Franciszek Hertel, Karol Wickenhagen, Zygmunt Płużański, Ludwik Żerański, Aleksander Sobecki, Czesław Golczewski and others. The 12.5 mx 6.5 m chapel in the Gothic style was designed by an architect from Radom - Ing. A. Załuski. Construction began in 1905 and ended in July 1906. On July 22, 1906, the chapel was solemnly consecrated. On April 28, 1921, the parish was founded and priest Władysław Korpikiewicz became its parish priest. In the 1920s, the temple was expanded. The design of the church in Zakopane style was prepared by Eng. Julian Jakubowski. (source: tourism.jedlnia.pl)
BICYCLE AND HIKING ROUTES
A black tourist trail passes through the "Jedlnia" reserve, which originates in Jedlnia-Letnisko, and then passes through the reserve, and later Kolonka, Kieszek, Stoki and Lewaszówka. In the reserve there are graves of hostages murdered by Nazis during World War II. A bike trail begins in Jedlnia-Letnisko, which leads to Radom. Its total length is 12 km. The route runs mainly through agricultural areas. Of the interesting places on the trail should be distinguished by the Pacinek river valley. There are many rare animal and plant species. The entire route ends near the airport in Radom. Two-wheelers also often use the bicycle trail, which starts at the Forest Educational Center in Jedlnia-Letnisko and then runs through the nature reserve "Jedlnia" and "Ciszek". The entire route is 17.5 km long and takes over 60 minutes to cover. (source: tourism.jedlnia.pl)
Three ponds are former fish ponds near the green trail Radom-Pionki. It's best to go by bike. Three ponds are located about 1.5 km from the Hotel Pod Różami.
At the present Nadrzeczna Street, at the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, the first summer houses began to appear, modeled on the villas near Warsaw in the style of "Świdermajer".
"Świdermajer" is a style of wooden construction, modeled on traditional Masovian, Russian and Swiss buildings. Its creator - Michał Elwiro Andriolli, enriched the villas with wooden, openwork porches and porches as well as pointed roof tops. The name of the style was invented by Konstanty Ildefons Gałczyński. To this day, several more than a hundred years old villas have been preserved in Jedlnia-Letnisko. One of them was built in 1898 by Czesław Golczewski. To commemorate this event, he received from his colleagues a carved sundial with an engraved monogram and date: 20.07.1898. The owners of other houses were Karol Wickenhagen, and from 1917 the family of the Kaliszczak family and the Wesołowski family, and now the Chmielewski family. (source: jedlnia.turystyka.pl)
PLAYGROUND AND GYM
Along the Siczka reservoir there is a children's playground and an outdoor gym.
MEMORIAL PLACES ON THE GROUND
In the "Jedlnia" nature reserve, there are graves of victims of Nazi terror murdered during World War II. The first mass execution was carried out here in December 1939. The day before the execution, the Germans were bringing criminal prisoners from Radom to the forest or they brought Jews from Jedlnia-Letnisko. The convicts had their hands tied with wire, they were deprived of shoes, valuables and clothes. The Nazis forced them to enter the pits and then murdered them with a hail of shells from submachine guns and rifles.
The exhumations carried out after the end of the war led to the discovery of 14 mass graves in the area of today's Jedlnia nature reserve. Each of them has between 20 and 40 victims. In addition, in the Jedlnia-Letnisko commune there is a monument in tribute to the inhabitants who died in combat and were murdered by the Nazis, which is located in front of the railway station building on Piłsudski Square. It was erected in 1981. In addition, there is a grave from 1917 near "Mysie Górki". There are probably the remains of three volunteers who traveled to Warsaw and were killed.
- Following the educational trail "Nad Pacynką" in the valley of the Pacynki river, near the village of Antoniówka, the spring of St. John.
- In our commune there is a natural monument "Beech Kościuszko". According to legend, Tadeusz Kościuszko rested under it in the spring of 1794, hence the name of the nearby villages close to Jedlnia - Letnisko: Tadeuszów and Kościuszków.
- On the Jedlnia-Letnisko-Niemianowice road, there is a stone column with a cross from 1649, funded by the owner of Piotrowice, the town judge of Radom - Tomasz Zawisza Kroczowski and Anna Tymińska née Jasieniec. The obelisk features the coats of arms of the founders and Latin inscriptions.
A wooden cross from 1917, made by Mikołaj Przyrowski, was erected near "Mysie Górki". The inscription on the cross reads: "PA. 1917. ON NOVEMBER 9, BY CROSS AND A BITTER TORTURE, CHOOSE US LADIES THERE WILL BE BLOOD SPILLING O. MOTHER OF THE BLESSED WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO US ...? Santa Claus.". Let us add that "Mysie Górki" is nothing more than dunes built of aeolian sands. The green Radom - Pionki trail runs through "Mysie Górki".